CHOOSING FILMMAKER MODE
Today’s manufacturers’ Ultra HD TVs have extraordinary technical capabilities and deliver a wide range of viewing options for gaming, sports and cinematic content. Based on input from countless pre-eminent filmmakers, Filmmaker Mode was collaboratively developed to provide consumers a way to better experience the filmmaker’s vision in the home. Filmmaker Mode enables a more cinematic experience on UHD TV’s by disabling all post-processing so the movie or television show is displayed as it was intended by the filmmaker.
FILMMAKER MODE Technical Specifications
Disables all post-processing (e.g. motion smoothing) for both SDR & HDR content preserving the correct aspect ratios, colors and frame rates for a more cinematic experience on Ultra HD TVs.
Image & Display Parameters
- Maintain source content frame rate & aspect ratio
- White Point: D65
- Motion Smoothing/Interpolation: OFF
- Overscan: Only if signaled with the image
- Sharpening: OFF
- TV Noise Reduction: OFF
- Other image “enhancement” processing: OFF
Flexible Implementation and Ease of Use
Filmmaker Mode is easily accessible on display devices from multiple manufacturers without requiring the viewer to sort through multiple menus.
Filmaker Mode Can Be Accessed By:
- A button on the remote; or
- Automatic display device switching based on metadata in the video bitstream
- In addition to one of the above methods, manufacturers may offer other user-friendly access methods, such as touch screen, voice control, etc.